Writing Guide: Chapters
Research Papers on Children: How to Successfully Write Them
A research paper is a much longer academic exercise than an essay. It is also expects the student to show greater evaluation and analytical skills on the topic of the research paper.
Children are interesting subjects for academic writing exercises. Students are likely to run into the requirement for a research paper on children. Being aware of how to successfully write a research paper on children is valuable in saving energy and time resources.
Steps in the successful writing of a research paper on children
- Planning the research paper is the first step to successful completion of research papers on children.
- Setting a time line for various activities involved follows the planning.
- Brainstorming is the means to arrive at a topic. Narrowing it down to a specific current question is the next step in the writing of research papers on children.
- The next step is contemplating on the question and becoming aware of what is known on it and what is not known on it.
- Utilise library and other resources to increase what is known on the question, thereby reducing what is not known.
- Make photocopies of all useful materials. Read these materials and highlight and make notes from these sources.
- Evaluate and analyse what has been learnt in this exercise of increasing knowledge on the question Take decisions on what evidence will be used in research papers on children.
- Organize the evidence to be used in research papers on children with the assistance of outlines.
- Write rough drafts of research papers on children. Read the draft and strengthen the areas that appear weak.
- Ensure that ideas taken from others are duly acknowledged in research papers on children.
These are the steps to successful writing of research papers on children.