Writing Guide: Chapters
How to Find DAI Dissertations or Theses?
Most of the authorized institutions submit their dissertations and theses to ProQuest for publication or listing in some databases or resources. Dissertation Abstracts International (DAI) is one of the latest printed resources of the 'ProQuest' database dissertations.
When students are assigned with dissertation assignments, they must research thoroughly. While researching for sources need for their dissertation topic, finding more than the dissertation abstracts is difficult. The students must know how to get the full information from the printed sources. In order to identify or find DAI dissertation or theses, the students must know how to effectively use a DAI.
DAI Dissertation: Why to Use?
- Dissertations that are completed in the past are included in the database and in “University Microfilms International print publications such as DAI.” Students can refer such DAI dissertations for reference and citations while preparing the dissertation they are assigned with.
- Because DAI is one of the latest printed resources of the ‘ProQuest’ database dissertations.
DAI Dissertation: Steps to Search
Students can find DAI dissertation from the DAI resource with the help of keyword search. The following simple steps are required for searching a DAI dissertation quickly and easily:
- Type the discipline name as ‘dissertation’
- Select a phrase
- Search in the subject
- Add the level of dissertation.
- Search the list or directory
- Sort the list
Only the dissertations submitted to ProQuest are included in DAI. The DAI dissertations or theses are published monthly and added annually. The DAI dissertations are highly helpful for students to write their dissertation assignment successfully. Students can easily search and find the required DAI dissertation when they use the above steps.